Quick Mini Quiche recipe is based on one of the first recipes I tried when I started the South Beach Diet many, many moons ago. It has all of the attributes that this blog is all about – simple, cheap, family friendly, fast and easy. While the veggie combo is the one I like the most, you can add any combination of vegetables to these – kale instead of spinach, broccoli or cauliflower, carrots, celery, and on and on.
One of the best parts of this recipe is that it freezes very well. Make a big batch, pop a single quiche in a square snack sized plastic bag, or two in a sandwich sized baggie and breakfast is portioned and ready go to for the work/school morning rush or as a last minute lunch option. Does well in the freezer for about two weeks. Tastes fantastic topped with a little salsa on top!
Quick Mini Quiche
Easy breakfast that has infinite variation and freezes well for busy mornings.
Write a review
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 c shredded cheese (I like Montery Jack)
- 1/4 c mini diced onions
- 1/4 c mini diced mixed zucchini and summer squash
- dash garlic powder
- 3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)
- Microwace spinach on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
- Combine egg, cheese, onions, zucchini, squash, and spinach in a mixing bowl. Divide evenly between foil cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
Simply Tasty Foods https://simplytastyfoods.com/