What’s better wafting through the kitchen than the smell of a savory chicken vegetable soup? Probably nothing. Which is why I love this recipe. This is based on Weight Watchers old school version of the Zero Point Soup. But we’re low carb-er’s, right? We don’t have to worry about point following. Plus, you are adding in some low-fat protein with the addition of the chicken that helps you feel full and satisfied.
There is one other bonus to this recipe. The soup freezes wonderfully! I might even argue that it tastes better after being nuked in the microwave. But you can judge for yourself! So make a huge batch – double the recipe – and separate into freezer safe containers and you’ll always have that last minute lunch or dinner ready as soon as it gets out of the microwave.
Chicken Vegetable Soup
A easy, savory soup that is low in carbs but very filling! Freezes like a breeze!
Write a review
- 2 lbs chicken breast, diced
- 1 box (32 oz) chicken stock
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 c chopped cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 c carrots, chopped
- 1/2 c green beans
- 1/2 c zucchini
- 1/2 c summer squash
- In soup pot, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Saute chicken and garlic until done through and garlic fragrent.
- Add chicken stock and tomato sauce to pot and mix until combined. Add the rest of the spices and vegetables and bring to boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- For South Beach/Atkins Phase 1 and Keto, omit the carrots.
Simply Tasty Foods https://simplytastyfoods.com/